In the past, stress over the ocean usually flew over worries about the flight itself or that you forgot to gather the necessary things.
However nowadays people are more worried about having to choose this in-depth bag search and get through the airport in time to make a flight. The sad but true fact is that navigating airport security is more of a test than the flight itself.
So how can you get to the airport quickly and easily? Is it still possible to get to your destination on time and with all your bags? Here are some helpful tips that will hopefully make this dream come true!
Traveling through the airport easily starts with packing. Before folding your first shirt, visit your airline’s website to check the current restrictions. Then withstand them! If it says that you don’t have liquid transfers, don’t try to steal face cream because it’s not “really” liquid. Also make sure the bags are the right size and weight. Be sure to check again a day or two before departure if anything changes.
Your next task will be to ensure that all your bags arrive at their destination. Tighter security and more frequent baggage checks mean there will be more errors – lost luggage or (if lucky) temporarily left seats. More and more travelers are even reporting that they have found items in their bags that do not belong to them! Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to increase the likelihood that all your bags will arrive at the right place:
1. Make the manual styling as small as possible. In fact, if you can, carry everything in a clear plastic bag. That says “I’m not dangerous” loud and clear.
2. Use plastic freezer bags to seal small items in tested bags, and with a permanent marker write your name and destination on the outside. This will help any luggage seeker in case of mixing.
3. Include your itinerary in each checked baggage with names, dates and phone numbers where you will be staying.
4. Mark the outside of each bag with something that identifies it as part of the group. I was in groups that used red pompoms (they are easy to pick up at the store) and I myself used colored canvas straps. Think about it: if this luggage handler sees five bags of yellow pompoms going to Rome and he’s holding a bag of pompoms, he’s probably not going to accidentally throw it on a pile going to Kathmandu!
Now you have done your best to get the bags to their destination; but the best plans of mice and males are not always reliable. What if the worst happens and your bags get lost or delayed?
Here the manual packing comes into play. I understand that I just recommended taking as little as possible … But if you are really concerned about lost bags, I would recommend taking one outfit (don’t forget socks and underwear!) As well as a few essentials. In the past here you bought bottles of toothpaste and shampoo to collect them in hand styling. Unfortunately, those days are over. The good news is that, despite the restrictions on carryover, there is there is several viable alternatives!
1. The only thing no one wants to do without in a 14-hour flight is toothpaste. You can get pre-glued brushes at http://www.dentakit.com/prdito.html”>Dentakit.com for about 50 cents and throw them away when you’re done.Toothpaste powder is also a great way to go. / Toothfresh.com / “> At Toothfresh.com there is the product itself and very interesting information about the health benefits associated with this method. You may end up using it all the time!
2. Did you know that you can get a non-liquid shampoo? Consider yourself informed. http://www.jrliggett.com/ “> JR Liggett’s has been selling organic shampoo since 1985. In addition to being very hair-friendly, it can be used on the rest of the body … and even on clothes! it is environmentally friendly.
3. If you are traveling with toddlers, another important item on your list will be sunscreen. Check “http://www.babiestravellite.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BTL&Product_Code=BBSBT”> Sun Towel “to make sure neither you nor your child start a holiday with burnt skin. +, which offers maximum protection on this sunny Mediterranean beach!
4. Finally, if you have any medications that you need to continue, make sure they are clearly labeled with your name. Liquid medications are usually limited to 4 or 5 ounces.
Well, your “thing” will do it … what about you? Do you have a plan for a quick and carefree ride through the airport?
Airport security etiquette
The main thing to pass the airport security quickly and without any worries is to play by the rules. Don’t be angry; if you are offended, write a letter to the congressman when you get home. But for now, if a man in uniform asks you to do something, do it. Here are some other tips to make sure you are not the one chosen for viewing:
1. Arrive early. They tell you to get there in about three hours, so do it!
2. Keep your ticket, ID and passport in one place for quick access. I recommend purchasing something like a passport wallet or certificate holder around your neck. Remember to keep an eye on this all the time.
3. Wear comfortable shoes that slide / slide easily. At the airport you will be asked to take off your shoes at least once, so I recommend slippers, sandals or flip flops. They will be more comfortable on the plane.
4. Don’t wear a lot of extra materials; avoid earrings, watches, belts and pockets if you can. If you can’t, remove them in advance and place in a hand stacker until you cross the line. Trust me – everyone else will appreciate it!
5. The last and perhaps most important tip for “flying through the airport” is to dress chic and simple. Don’t wear a t-shirt with ambiguous messages or anything that others will find “horrible” or “scary”. Nowadays you can be stopped for searching!
Following these tips can seem a bit tedious and detailed if all you want to do is get to your destination. However, I am sure you will agree that small worries ahead of time are worth making your vacation start quickly and without worries. So, the only thing you will have to worry about when you get there is whether you should spend your time studying or just lying down by the pool!